At Sacred Heart School we recognise and acknowledge parents as the first teachers of children and we attempt to assist parents in the nurturing of the children's faith development and religious education.
As a staff we are committed to working with every child in their faith journey and awareness of our school motto “Faith, Generosity, Courage."
Through our prayer and liturgical life, and our close relationship with the parish community, we endeavour to grow in the knowledge of Jesus and the Gospel message according to the Catholic tradition.
Every student at Sacred Heart School participates in formal Religious Education lessons. That are taught as an academic subject and regularly assessed and progress is reported to parents throughout the academic year.
The school community makes every effort to nurture the Catholic identity of the school and seeks to foster a strong religious atmosphere within the community
Whole School Masses, Prayer and liturgy are regular features of school life and parents are encouraged to participate as a means of reinforcing the communal dimension of our faith and school.
As well as participating in whole school masses each grade also has the opportunity to engage in a Sunday Family Mass once per year. Kindergarten to Year 2 also have a class liturgies in Term 2, which are well attended by family. Years 3-6 participate in a Grade Mass once a Term.
In Term 3 all grades participate in a Buddy Mass with an infants and primary class buddying up together. In Term 4 all classes have an End of Year Liturgy where all students receive an award for the Character Strengths they have demonstrated throughout the year.
Our faith is expressed in a variety of ways at Sacred Heart School:
- Our Religious Education Program
- School and Class Liturgies and Eucharistic Celebrations
- Staff, School, Class and Individual Prayer
- Support of the Parish Sacramental Program
- Outreach Programs within the school and wider community (St Vincent de Paul, School for Life, Syrian Refugee Appeal, Nepalese Earthquake Appeal, Caritas and other community services and fundraising events for our Sister School, Our Lady of Mount Carmel at Waterloo)
- Nurturing positive relationships and integrating our Positive Education Program with our Religious Education Program.